Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (1) : Books I Hope Santa Brings

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, a different "top ten" topic will be selected and shared. 

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is the Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings.

Happy holidays everyone! I hope you have been enjoying your holiday breaks. I, for one, am super pumped for Christmas. I can't wait for all the quality family time, delicious meals, and most importantly unwrapping presents :) Here, I would like to share with you the top ten books I wish to get this Christmas. Santa, did you get it right?


1. The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston
   I read a review for this book at The Nocturnal Library a couple of days ago and it sounded awesome! 

2. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner
    There has been a lot of hype about this book so I guess I will follow the trend as well :P

3. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
   I have been wanting to read this book for like ever now. It's also in my 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge list.

    
4. Clockwork Angel  by Cassandra Clare
    I just started The Mortal Instruments series. I'm hoping to get to The Infernal Devices series soon as I have already heard so many good things about it.

5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
    This book has been on my TBR for a long time now... I need to read it... soon.

6. Legend by Marie Lu
    Another popular series I wish to get my hands on.


7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
    A lot of my friends have been telling me how good this book is and how many times they cried like crazy because of it. I always adore authors who can express emotions and feelings that well through the pages, so this one is definitely high on my list.

8. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
    I love cute love stories!


9. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
    I love Gillian Flynn's books but I haven't gotten the chance to read Gone Girl yet. I hope that day won't be far.

10. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (J. K. Rowling)
     I have heard mixed reviews about this book. J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series is one of my all time favorites. I'm hopping to like the Mystery writer J. K. Rowling as well.

What books are on your list?

4 comments:

  1. 'The Fault in Our Stars' is a great book, but it's true that it's very sad. Still worth a read, though. Even my grandma liked it, and she doesn't even usually read anything even remotely YA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I saw this John Green box set today at a bookstore with 'The Fault in Our Stars', 'Paper Town', 'Will Grayson Will Grayson', and 'An Abundance of Katherines'. I was like this is so PERFECT for meeeee :P

      Delete
  2. The Winter Witch was pretty fabulous! I hope you do get to read it soon. And yay for Infernal Devices. I'm not a fan of the original series, but this trilogy I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to start these books. Grrr I have such a huge TBR list, I need to catch up :P

      Delete