Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Share (2) : Oh My, those Cover Arts

Friday Share is a weekly meme hosted here at Spare Reads to spotlight 1-2 novels at a time based on a particular theme.

Hello everyone and happy Friday!

How is everything going? Bought any new books? Discovered any interesting music? I hope it has been a splendid week for you all. If not, well, it's almost over :P

Last Friday, I presented the first issue of Friday Share. If you haven't seen it, you can find it here. Hope you enjoyed reading it and maybe even looked into those books for a little bit. Today, I'm happy to announce the theme of the second Friday Share issue Oh My, those Cover Arts!

A couple of days ago, I came across a poll on Goodreads that asked about whether or not you would pick up a book based solely on its cover arts. I was like, heck yeah! I bet many of you have the same kind of obsession as I do. Those times when you walk into a bookstore and your eyes just instantly lock on to this one book. You may not know what it's about or the author who wrote it, but the cover is just simply gorgeous. For me, 9 out 10 times that book ended up on my book shelf. Here are some of my recent additions. Enjoy!

Across the Universe
by Beth Revis
Publisher: Razorbill
Release: Jan 11th 2011
Pages: 398
Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.
My Notes:

I love the background in this cover. The universe looks breathtaking, there is simply no other word for it. The two shadowy figures on top are positioned like if they were going to have a spiderman-style kiss, all the way across the universe.


Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)
by Jodi Meadows
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release: Jan 31st 2012
Pages: 374
NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies--human and creature alike--let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all? Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.
My Notes:

The cover model for this book is gorgeous. I normally prefer covers with more artistic drawings rather than using models or photographs, but this one came out great! Her eyes are incredibly taunting and the mask-like butterfly made it stand out even more.

Don't forget to share with me some of your favorites too!

9 comments:

  1. I agree. If there are two books I am debating to read and one has a better cover than the other chances are I'm going to pick the one with the nicer cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Across the Universe not only has the beautiful cover, but it is also a great book. Incarnate has great cover too. Oh, I'm such a cover slut :)) but I love books with beautiful covers. :D

    Baileys @ Unladylike Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably gonna start reading Across the Universe soon. Did you read the whole series? I was wondering if the other two books are any good.

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately, not, but I plan to next year. The first book was translated to my language and I was waiting for the other two to be published in Croatian. And I'm still waiting...
      God, I hate when publishers do that. We can have a buddy read in January in you if you are interested?

      Baileys @ Unladylike Reviews

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely guilty of picking books based off of a cover! I tend to do it a lot, and I believe my main reasons for picking up both Incarnate and Across the Universe were the covers. They're both really good books, though! They're worthy of beautiful covers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know :D I hope to actually read the two series soon. Thanks for stopping by Kaitlin!

      Delete