Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (1) : Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I guess some of you may have already seen WoW posts in other book review blogs, but if not I totally recommend you to follow the link above to Breaking the Spine and check out what books other bloggers are sharing. For this week, I have decided to highlight Cress, the third installment in Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series.



Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)
by Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Expected Release: February 4th 2014
Pages: 560
Amazon | Goodreads )
Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.
My Notes:

I enjoyed reading Cinder and Scarlet (the previous two installments) immensely and this is definitely one of my most anticipating books of 2014. If you are a big fan of dystopian society as well as fairytales retelling, you will definitely fall in love with this series. I can't wait to buy it, gosh just take my money! I want it NOW.


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I definitely need to check this out. Love your blog :)))
    New GFC follower. My My WoW

    Baileys @ Unladylike Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) Lunar Chronicles are a great series, you won't disappoint!

      Delete
  2. I know exactly how you feel for Cress. I'm just constantly making grabby hands every time I hear about. SOON.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so jealous of those people who are reading ARCs right now. Grrrrr

      Delete
  3. I really need to start reading this series. new follower here! isabelleadrid.blog ... you know the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isabelle. I'm always excited to meet my fellow bloggers :D Hope you have a nice read!

      Delete
  4. It's official! I'm the only person in the world who didn't much care for Cinder and who wasn't even remotely interested in reading Scarlet. I don't know what's wrong with me, perhaps some counseling is in order? :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for novels with fairytale mixes :P I like Cinder a lot but can't say the same for Scarlet. She seems a little boring and timid to me, but I have high hopes for Cress. So far my impression of her is sincere, kind, and brave. Can't wait to meet her!

      Delete