Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (15): Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief, #1) by Livia Blackburne

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Midnight Thief
Author: Livia Blackburne
Series: Midnight Thief, #1
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Release: July 8th 2014
Pages: 368 (hardcover)
Growing up on Forge’s streets has taught Kyra how to stretch a coin. And when that’s not enough, her uncanny ability to scale walls and bypass guards helps her take what she needs. But when the leader of the Assassins Guild offers Kyra a lucrative job, she hesitates. She knows how to get by on her own, and she’s not sure she wants to play by his rules. But he’s persistent—and darkly attractive—and Kyra can’t quite resist his pull.

Tristam of Brancel is a young Palace knight on a mission. After his best friend is brutally murdered by Demon Riders, a clan of vicious warriors who ride bloodthirsty wildcats, Tristam vows to take them down. But as his investigation deepens, he finds his efforts thwarted by a talented thief, one who sneaks past Palace defenses with uncanny ease.

When a fateful raid throws Kyra and Tristam together, the two enemies realize that their best chance at survival—and vengeance—might be to join forces. And as their loyalties are tested to the breaking point, they learn a startling secret about Kyra’s past that threatens to reshape both their lives.

It was almost four month ago when I read the novella Poison Dance by Livia Blackburne for her upcoming Midnight Thief series. And since then, I have only wished for time to pass faster. Despite the short length, Poison Dance is a story all high fantasy fans will appreciate (you can find my review here). I was completely mesmerized by the world Blackburne created and her characters were nothing short of impressive. It lures you in and before you know it you are already determined to follow this story to the end.

(The kindle version of the novella is currently free on Amazon, be sure to check it out!)

25 comments:

  1. That is an awesome cover! Looks good!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure a great cover!! Sounds really good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It reminds me of a lot of the sneaky thief games I have players :P Like Dishonored

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great new fantasy, thanks for sharing Angel!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jeann! I hope you pick it up when it comes out :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Livia Blackburn yet. This cover is awesome. I may have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! You can go read the novella first, it's free right now :P It will give you a feel of her writing style.

      Delete
  5. Same thing happened with me and Poison Dance :D So yeah, I'm pretty excited for this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The novella was offered to me as well, but I have very little patience for them, I'm afraid. Still, I'm excited to read the full lenght novel, and I'll probably read the prequel right before. Love the cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the novella a lot, and I absolutely love the characters in there. Hopefully I will see them again in this one!

      Delete
  7. Oooh...this sounds great! I'm trying to read more fantasy, and this looks like a great one to add to my TBR list! I'm loving the concept and the cover is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing Angel, and, as always, GREAT choice! :D

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :DDDDD Yayayayay *happy dance* This kind of fantasy is exactly my type, so I'm so pumped for it!

      Delete
  8. I totally want to read this! I read Poison Dance too, and while I thought it was good, it kind of felt odd for me because I didn't "know" the characters or anything yet. (lol if that makes sense!) Can't WAIT for this one to come out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the novella only showed a glimpse of how everything is, but I love the world building so much!! Can't wait to get back to it!

      Delete
  9. I'm not too sure if this is my kind of book but I do hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't aware of this book but it sounds interesting. I'll add it on my TBR shelf immediately (and read the novella as soon as possible) thanks for sharing!
    Boyanna The Bookmaidens

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this book sounds good!! *adds to TBR list*

    Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a great blog!! :)
    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via gfc? visit my blog and let me know if you ara my new follow and I will follow back right away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! Awesome Blog!! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please feel free to go to this link to learn more!

    http://rabbitearsbookblog.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. For a second there I thought this said Crown of Midnight. Anyway, this book sounds amazing!!! Love your blog <3

    -M
    http://thelyfoflittleme.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book is on my TBR list :)
    Congrats, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Go here for explanations on what to do next!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cover is badass, I'd love to read it!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book sounds amazing, kind of like Throne of Glass but different. I definitely want to read it. Thanks for the recommendation! New follower xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete