Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (3)

Stacking the Shelves is a book-haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Bought

YES!! THE WINNER'S CURSE!! ADSKFHSDKFHSAKF!!! Yep, that is pretty much all I can say about it. This book is probably the most hyped-up book of 2014. But despite the high expectations people sure have before reading it, so far I have only seen positive reviews, which speaks volumes. I'm so happy to finally bought my own copy of The Winner's Curse. I don't usually buy hardcovers but this time I simply couldn't wait :P I hope it won't disappoint me!


Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor

Awhile ago, I read this awesome review of Maybe One Day by Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf. I bought the book pretty much immediately after that because I was completely awed. I have had many inspiring realistic fiction reads lately, and Maybe One Day sounds like just my cup of tea.


The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a. J.K. Rowling)

Okay... so this may come as a shock to many of you, but I have never read the Harry Potter series. I have seen all the movies obviously, just not the books. I certainly mean it when I say I want to get to it some day, but up till now, every time I tried I just got bored because I already know the main storyline by heart. The whole thing with J.K. Rowling using pseudonym drew my interest to The Cuckoo's Calling and I'm very curious to see what else can Rowling offer outside of the Wizardry world of Harry Potter universe.
Borrowed
Gifted
Summer on the Short Bus by Bethany Crandell

So remember in my monthly wrap up post that I won my first ever giveaway? Well, here is the prize :) Thanks again, Iris and Bethany! I can't tell you how excited I am. And just 9 hours ago, I concluded Spare Reads' first ever giveaway (woohoo!!). Congrats to the winner and thanks to everyone who entered :P I hope to bring more giveaways in the future!
For Review
The Diamond Thief by Sharon Gosling

What say you, eh? Did I do a good job hauling books this time? ;)

24 comments:

  1. YOU BOUGHT THE WINNER'S CURSE AND THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER I am seriously jealous. I still want to read both of those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D hehe I was seriously conflicted between whether or not I should wait for the paperback to come up. But eventually I gave in and bought it. It's so PRETTY!!! I don't regret one bit :P

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, and the Summer on the Short Bus is signed? THAT IS SO COOL!! Congrats on winning it. :)) I can't wait to see what you think of The Winner's Curse! I absolutely want to buy that one. I'm thinking I might...gah. I just can't decide yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I was like that plus hardcover books are expensive *ahem* But then I really couldn't resist the cover. It looks so pretty now on my shelf :P

      Delete
  3. OH WOW! You have so many great books for this week! :D So excited to see what you think of The Winner's Curse, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and (!!!) Maybe One Day! Happy reading Angel! :D (And thanks for the mention! That made my day! <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome :D Thanks for recommending me with books!! I can't wait to start it.

      Delete
  4. You need to read Harry Potter books, they are so much better than movies! Need to add The Cuckoo's Calling to my never ending TBR pile *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.... my TBR is crazy large right now. I don't think I will ever be able to catch up. And more awesome books keep coming out. Ahhh the bookish problems.

      Delete
  5. THE WINNER'S CURSE AJDFJASDLKFJ!!!! That is all ;) But not really, Harry Potter!?! GET ON IT! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know. So many people have nudged me on this, I promise I will start the first book like tomorrow!!

      Delete
  6. I so want to read The Diamond Thief!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that cover! I got it through NetGalley but they don't have ebook format... It's the weird Adobe Digital Library thing that you have to read on your computer. This totally delays things, but luckily it is not gonna be released util later in the year.

      Delete
  7. All the hype and positive reviews are also what made me finally pick up my copy of the Winner's Curse as well :) My co-blogger is obsessed with Juliet Marillier! I really need to read some of her stuff. LOVE Grave Mercy! And I just put a hold on Maybe One Day at the library! Great books, I hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well duh :P Forgot to mention that Juliet Marillier book is Bec's March Epic Rec for me. I pushed it to April because I'm such a slacker.

      Delete
  8. I keep reading awesome things about The Winner's Curse too, and I'm so curious now! I hope you love it.

    I love the HP series, but I grew up with them and read all the books before the movies became big. However, I hope you can read them sometime. There is plenty throughout that is different or helps you understand the movies more.

    I need to read The Cuckoo's Calling! I love mysteries. I read her other adult novel and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just borrowed HP1 from one of my friends :D Here is trial #2N+1 :D

      Delete
  9. Great haul this week Angel! I cannot believe you haven't read Harry Potter yet, oh it is my childhood and amazing. Hope you read the book you borrowed soon and love it :) I need to read the Unbecoming and yay for Winners Curse! I haven't read either but am excited about them. Enjoy your books Angel!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks :D I know, everyone has been telling me about it after I made this post. I swear I will get on it!

      Delete
  10. I just googled the book 'Maybe One Day' when I saw it in your post and it's such an interesting read!! I really want to read it! Thanks for posting! :) by the way, I just started a book blog around last week and it'd be nice if you wanted to check it out? Maybe we can follow each other too! Just let me know, please! :D Thanks again! Happy reading!

    xx Jillian
    MY BLOG: jilliansbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jillian! You should totally get "Maybe One Day", I like how it approaches cancer stories in a different angle :)

      Delete
  11. ooo...Daughter of the Forest! Kind of a slow start, but a REALLY fabulous read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool :D I got that for my March epic rec! My partner is super in love with that author, I hope I will like it too.

      Delete
  12. SOO many good books! I'm completely jealous! I hope you enjoy Winner's Curse, and Grave Mercy! Those two are on my wishlist! (:

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks :) I have been hearing so many good things about them, so I finally decided to get it. Can't wait to start!

      Delete