Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (10) : Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Don't Look Back
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Standalone
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Release: April 15th 2014
Pages: 384 (hardcover)
Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend.

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash.

But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?

I have not read anything Jennifer L. Armentrout before, mostly because her books are almost always paranormal romance which I'm not a huge fan of. Her newest fiction Don't Look Back however is a YA contemporary romance mixed with hints of mystery thriller. That is something I'm very curious about. Since contemporary romance and mystery thriller are genres I would like to explore more in the future, Don't Look Back being a blend of both inevitably ended up on my radar and I certainly do not regret this discovery.

What's your most anticipating book right now?

8 comments:

  1. I love JLA's paranormals, so I'm definitely excited for this one!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda want to try out her Paranormalcy series because their covers are awesome :P but I'm not sure if I will like it. Mhmm I will probably get an amazon sample to check it out!

      Delete
  2. I've never read a Jennifer L. Armentrout book before either! I feel like that's kind of a problem...I mean, gosh, she's so famous! XD I love the sound of this one. *dashes to Goodreads*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know I'm getting this one for sure when it comes out :P

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Armentrout's work yet but the more I see people talking about her books the more I want to give her a whirl! This book sounds like a delight!

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Reviews of this book should start to show up soon. I'm excited to see the early reader responses.

      Delete
  4. Oh, this sounds interesting. I haven't read anything by her yet, but I'm going to read White Hot Kiss soon. My friend recommended it to me. I hope it won't disappoint me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing good reviews about that book, so you would probably enjoy it (I hope!) :P

      Delete