Sunday, March 9, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (2)

Stacking the Shelves is a book-haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Bought

Woohooooo!!! I have finally acquired Shadow and Bone, yay! This is one of those series which I constantly hear people raving about but never actually read. I guess here is my chance :)



The Lunar Chronicles is definitely one of my all-time favorite series. Although I didn't really care much about the second book, I'm so so excited to reunite with Cinder in Cress and once again become her loyal follower and happily bear the honor of witnessing her awesomeness! Throne of Glass is another popular series I have yet to start. With all the glowing reviews floating around, I'm curious to see how I would feel toward the story, stay tuned peeps!


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I know, I know... You must all be wondering how I can possibly never read this one before. The truth is I legitimately thought this was a serious science book when it first popped up in my Amazon recommendations. I was a bit concerned then about Amazon's recommendation algorithms, but now I see my error clearly. I have since then read a couple of John Green's novels and I absolutely adore them. I hope The Fault in Our Stars won't disappoint me either (and I have tissues ready too, just in case...)
Borrowed
Mind Games (Mind Games, #1) by Kiersten White
Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre
Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

I'm falling in love with libraries! To add in some context, I was never a library person before, even though I love reading. I preferred buying and owning books through deals, sales, and whatnot. But since I joined the blogging community, my TBR list is growing like crazy. It is simply not possible to purchase all of them, and that is where my friendly neighbor library comes in handy. Nowadays I pretty much go to the library weekly - picking up books, enjoying quiet reading time, etc. It is my heaven :D
Gifted
Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon
 
For Review
The Here and Now by Ann Brashares


What hit your shelves lately?

21 comments:

  1. OMG THIS IS THE BEST HAUL OF EVER. You will NOT regret TFIOS...actually, you'll totally regret it. But I hope it's hasn't been too spoiled for you. The internet is a bit notorious for spoilers of those mega-famous series, eh? And Throne of Glass is beyond amazing! I'm sort of kind of posting about it tomorrow...and I absolutely adored the characters. CRESS = LOVE. And I hope you like Shadow & Bone. I was pleasantly surprised. Epic fantasy is kind of a hit-or-miss for me sometimes, but that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the only thing that managed to get through my spoiler shield for TFIOS is that it's a love story about two very ill people + it is super tear jerking. I can kind of guess what might happen, but I'm sure it will still be a fun read. I can't wait to start Cress and oh god Cinder!!! I think I might faint.

      Delete
  2. Recently picked up Shadow and Bone as well! We should read and write reviews together! This is honestly such a good haul! Read and LOVED Mind Games! Can't wait to finally get started on Enclave!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should totally do that!! I always love buddy reads :) Maybe later this month? I will tweet to you!

      Delete
  3. Such great reads! You are going to love Shadow and Bone and Cress!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited too :D Now I just need to figure out when I will have time to start reading them ...

      Delete
  4. Yesss to S&B, Cress and Throne of Glass! Brilliant choices :D

    The library is seriously the best and a lifesaver to my wallet haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :P But some books NEED to be on my shelf, so I'm pretty sure my wallet will take a hit nonetheless.

      Delete
  5. YEEES! You bought some of my favourite books EVER! Cress, Throne of Glass and TFIOS! You are in for an awesome reading time my friend! And I totally agree, the library is the best. Especially when you can return the books afterwards and not take up space.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited to start them. I remember seeing Throne of Glass awhile ago in the bookstore but I was kinda threw off by the cover (for some reason, I don't like it all that much). Then I got all these glowing reviews around, so I had to give it another try.

      Delete
  6. THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIVE WAS AMAZING. It will also be super relatable if you've experienced similar things. *pats shoulder* Oh, and Shadow and Bone. You've made a good decision ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting This Song Will Save Your Life tomorrow and I'm ready for some happy tears :D

      Delete
  7. Those stuffed animals are soooooo cute, I want them! Especially the one holding Shadow and Bone, which I don't need to tell you is AWESOME. Can't wait to read your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm kinda obsessive when it comes to stuffed animals. I have SO SO many of them and I love them equally (...mostly :P) Everyone has been telling me how good Shadow and Bone is, I can't wait to find out for myself!

      Delete
  8. I just want to steal all those books from you. Especially Shadow & Bone, look at how shiny that book cover is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :D I'm trying to spend less money on books, but I just cannot resist all these goodies!!! It's a problem.

      Delete
    2. Oh and I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
      Go here for your questions: http://innocentsmileyx3.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

      Delete
  9. You are in for a treat with Shadow and Bone! I hope you enjoy it as much as most people. If you do, you won't have long to wait for Ruin and Rising. Cress was excellent - my favorite of the series. I haven't read Throne of Glass yet, either, but I did pick up The Assassin's Blade, a collection of the series' novellas, from the library last week.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty pumped about this haul :D So many good books and so hard to decide which one to go first lol

      Delete
  10. You will love The Fault in Our Stars!! John Green is a brilliant author but get your tissues ready!!! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know :P I have heard how heart breaking that story is, and I can't wait to start it. The movie looks awesome too!

      Delete