Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (5) : The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Woohoo!! I'm back. Maui was wonderful. I really wish I could stay there longer, swimming around with sea turtles and dolphins (oh wait, and whales too :D). Why do good times always pass so quickly? But worry not, I'm sure I will be back for visits.


This week, I have been waiting on the third and final installment to The Selection series - The One by Kiera Cass. What about you?


The One (The Selection, #3)
by Kiera Cass
Publisher: HarperTeen (HarperCollins)
Release: May 6th 2014
Pages: 336
The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey... Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned.

My Notes:

Look at that cover aksdfjhaskjdhf!! I cannot even compose myself. This series has by far the most gorgeous covers I have ever seen and it just keeps getting better. In The One, the competition for Illea's next princess will be more fierce than ever. While America is finally determined to fight for her love and future, more dangers and conspiracies have surfaced around this contest. Who will be able to abscond with Prince Maxon's heart? Let's find out together!

6 comments:

  1. Waaaait?! You were swimming with whales and dolphins and turtles?!! LUCKY. (No, I'm not jealous at all....nope. XD) I also love ALL the covers for The Selection series. Though I've only read the first one...I should really finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From afar but still pretty cool :P This series have some potentials and I hope Kiera Cass fully developed them in this last book, world building to be specific. I'm pretty excited to read it!

      Delete
  2. LOL THAT GIF. I second Cait's comment that you're lucky as fuq. And the book has a really nice cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know, it's such an awesome place to go and the weather is just amazing considering it's January. So glad I don't need to shiver up in the cold ;)

      Delete
  3. This cover is gorgeous! I didn't have time to participate in WoW this week. I'm glad you've enjoyed your vacation in Hawaii, but where are the pictures? :D

    ReplyDelete