Saturday, January 4, 2014

Liebster Award


Hi everyone and happy Saturday! It's always great to finally get some relaxation time on weekends. I  don't know what you have planned ahead, but I know exactly what I will be doing - sleep ;) 

A couple of days ago, I was nominated by Aneta from Angelic Book Reviews for the Liebster Award. (Thanks Aneta!) I'm truly honored by this nomination and I hope you will enjoy your stay here at Spare Reads even more in the future!

For those of you who don't know, Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers aiming to spotlight amazing new blogs with less than 200 followers. There are so many great blogs out there and Liebster Award post is a great way to get to know about them. I encourage you to follow all the blog links in this post and see what kind of wonders are happening over there.
Rules
  1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
  2. Answer that questions they set for the blogs they nominated.
  3. Nominate 10 blogs of your own, and be sure to let them know with a link to your post.
  4. Ask 10 questions for the blogs you nominated in your post.
Aneta's Questions
  1. How did you choose the name for your blog?
  2. I actually don't remember... Spare Reads started as an idea sometime in 2012 but was quickly abandoned. When I picked it up again in December 2013, the only thing left from my previous attempt was the blog name. I'm not exactly sure the origin of it, but I think I was going for something short and smart. Whether it lived up to that goal or not, you tell me :P 
  3. What was your favorite book from 2013?
  4. Well... this book was actually published in 2011 but I read it during 2013, so I'm just gonna say it counts - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. The writing is so breathtakingly beautiful and I love its premises. 
  5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
  6. Definitely Maldives. It is an island nation in the Indian Ocean and it has the most gorgeous views on earth. It is also disappearing slowly due to global warming. I hope I can go on a vacation there at some point before it gets submerged under water. 
  7. Who is your favorite hero/heroine?
  8. Picking from my recent reads, I will say Cinder. She is such a strong character with interesting and complicated back stories. I can't wait to read more about her in Cress.  
  9. Do you have any pets? If not, do you want one?
  10. Sadly no :( I really want to have cats though. Actually I have this all planned out: after I graduate from college I will get two ragdoll cats and I'm going to name them Marco and Polo!
  11. Who is your favorite author?
  12. Cassandra Clare and John Green.
  13. Favoriate book boyfriend/girlfriend?
  14. Marco and Celia from The Night Circus. I don't know why but I think the chemistry between them is the best I have ever read.
  15. If you could be any mythical creature, what would you be?
  16. I want to be a phoenix. I think they are so cool and they rise from the ashes!
  17. Who is your role model? And why?
  18. I would say my dad. He is one of those people who work hard but never show off. He is modest and kind when approached by others. You can always count on him to help you. 
  19. If you could be any character from a book, who would you be? And what book are you from?
  20. I want to be Lady Galadriel created by J. R. R. Tolkien in the famous The Lord of the Rings series and others. I adore her wisdom and beauty (plus being an Elf is pretty badass too).
My Nominations
  1. Baileys & Whiskey @ Unladylike Reviews
  2. Cait & Mime @ Notebook Sisters
  3. Jackie D @ Bookcharmed
  4. Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
  5. Ashly @ Book 'n' Go
  6. Tirta @ I Prefer Reading
  7. Feli @ The Four Eyed Cat
  8. Miranda @ Tempest Books
  9. Kezia @ Chapteriosity
  10. Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf!
My Questions
  1. What sparked you to have a book review blog?
  2. What is the best moment of your blogging journey?
  3. What is your favorite series?
  4. What is your favorite story setup?
  5. What is your favorite film adaption of a book?
  6. What is the most overrated book in your opinion? (prefer recent releases)
  7. What is your weirdest addiction/hobby?
  8. Which book has the best antagonist/evil character?
  9. Are you a writer too? If so, what are you working on? If not, do you want to become one?
  10. What is the first thing on your bucket list?
Hope you enjoyed reading my answers and don't forget to check out these awesome blogs I nominated. They are all amazing! See you on Monday and have a nice weekend :)

18 comments:

  1. I've wanted to read Night Circus for a while now but I've always been putting it away. But if you loved it so much then I'm sure I will love it too! I'll try to read it asap!
    I'm looking forward to your future reviews :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beginning might be a little slow, but one you get into it it's so awesome! And thanks again (for the billionth time :P) for nominating me Aneta!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness...thank you so much Angel! This means so much to me! Unfortunately, I don't accept awards, but you're so awesome to have thought of me!

    Looking forward to reading lots more of your phenomenal reviews in the future! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Your blog looks so nice and I love how devoted and passionate you are when writing those reviews. I really enjoy reading them :)

      Delete
  3. thank you so much for nominating me, I didn't think my blog was that good. I will answer your questions in a few days. And I will be following the other blogs too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might not be the best judge, but I like reading your reviews :D hope to chat books with you more in the future!

      Delete
  4. I don't have time for blogging awards, but I love this because I got to know you a bit better.
    My bestie spent 6 months in the Maldives and had the best of time. She's a regular globe trotter, that one, while I'm the house cat. :)
    Also, I have to read Night Circus. Maggie Stiefvater recommended it ages ago and I've been meaning to ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 months? That's so awesome!! I hope I get to travel more in the future, there are a lot of places I want to go :) Also, you should totally put The Night Circus next up on your TBR list.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for nominating us. I have read Night Circus, I even have a hardback of it. Excellent book.

    Baileys @ Unladylike Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! You guys totally deserve it :) I'm excited to see your answers!

      Delete
  6. Congrats! Fun answers! I really like your blog name. That's so cute about the cats, I love that idea. I actually have a plan similar to that with dogs ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I love cats and ragdolls are so adorable! Recently I started volunteering at an animal shelter near my school and it is like my heaven :P

      Delete
  7. I totally forgot to answer this! EEK. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm like, totally honoured. We haven't done a tag in a while, so I'm not sure we'll be able to squeeze it in. :'( Just with all the scheduled reviews and such. But I totally appreciate this. *hugs Angel's blog*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's cool, don't worry about it. I love your blog, especially those discussion posts you have about movies, about you writings, about anything. They are so much fun to read!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the award!! :D unfortunately I'm not sure whether I will be able to do it or not but I'm definitely thankful and honored that you would nominate my little blog! :) I have put Cinder on my TBR so hopefully I'll find a copy over here very soon. The fact that it's set in China makes it even more interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I love your blog logo by the way, so cute :P Hope you enjoy Cinder!

      Delete
  9. Hi Angel! Thanks so much for the nomination! I'm sorry it took so long for me to post it but here you go! feel free to click on the link if you want to see my answers --> http://thefoureyedcat.blogspot.com/2014/01/double-liebster-award-2.html
    Thanks again! It was fun answering your questions ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome :) I'm glad you enjoyed those questions!

      Delete