Friday, February 28, 2014

A Monthly Round Up (3) : February

A Monthly Round Up is a meme hosted at Feed Me Books Now!!!. The purpose of this meme is to sum up the month's blogging in one post.


School work has really been taking a toll on me lately. As you may have noticed, there weren't that many posts throughout this month on Spare Reads. Less reviews, less memes, less everything. :( It is much more difficult than I thought to balance between real life stress and blogs, especially when I'm still somewhat new to this community. One thing I know for sure is that I do not want to slip into a blogging slump or let blogging become a burden. Therefore, I will read whenever I can and try my best to share with you my thoughts! Hopefully with some bookish discussions here and there too :D 

This Past Month on Spare Reads

Reviews (click on cover to see post):

   
   

Memes:
Other Cool Stuffs Around the Blogosphere
  • Kezia @ Chapteriosity discussed the difference between insta-love and insta-attraction. To be honest, insta-love always makes me cringe, especially when supposedly strong MCs suddenly fall for someone on a whim. And then endless gushing awaits you, if you are lucky you get double gushing because of dual POVs. No, thank you.
  • Cait & Mime from Notebook Sisters made a really fun game for Valentine's Day where you guess book couples based on figments of the cover and dialogues. Definitely go check it out if you haven't. I love cool book games :)
  • Bec @ Ransom Reads just started a new meme called X Marks the Spot where she wittily shares with you her book favorites. This first one is all about tears. Don't think you will cry? Well, think again.
  • Charlotte from The Gypsy Reviews highlighted some tips to recognize and avoid copying in design and writing and many other areas.
  • Mel @ The Daily Prophecy did a fairy tale survey that linked fairy tales to book crushes. I thought this was a BRILLIANT idea and unique twist to the traditional book sharing memes.

Farewell February. Wish me luck with homework <3


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! It looks like you had an AWESOME month Angel! I mean... Tiger Lily AND Angelfall in the same month? That's pretty awesome!

    Crossing my fingers that you get everything sorted out between school and homework and reading! I know how challenging it can be to manage so many activities, so hopefully you get in a routine soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :P Although I read less books, the overall quality is strikingly high. Almost all the books are 4 stars and above. So yeah, I guess it is pretty awesome.

      I kind of got the hang of blogging now, kind of ;) I'm pretty pumped and I mean I have already been blogging for three months?! Say whattt?

      Delete
  2. Angelfall and Graceling . . . both great books! I really hope both went well for you.

    I didn't post as much this month than I usually do either. I actually had less homework than usual lately (which will change quickly because I have finals next week), but the month just felt "eh" to me. Hopefully March will be much better for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mhmm! Good luck with your finals :) I'm a little behind with writing reviews and whatnot, but I kept up my reading pace which is good :P I'm totally proud of myself for that lol

      Delete