Sunday, February 16, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (1)

Stacking the Shelves is a book-haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


This is my first time participating STS. After seeing all the posts from other blogs, I'm quite eager to share with you all my new acquisitions as well. Get ready for the goodies :D
Bought
Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu

I have heard so many good things about these three series,  especially The Raven Boys. Maja @ The Nocturnal Library have always held Maggie Stiefvater in the highest regard. And trust me, when Maja says someone or something is brilliant, you shall expect nothing less. 


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Every Day by David Levithan
These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman & Megan Spooner

Finally got These Broken Stars and let's all just take a minute to drool over that cover - GORGEOUS!! You should know by now that I'm a sucker for pretty covers, so These Broken Stars is a must for my shelves.


Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I bought these two on Amazon Kindle to join a group read in January, but then decided to read them at my own pace. Fangirl has gathered so many appraises from all around the book community and it might just be the one warm read I need to survive the end of this winter. 
Borrowed
Splintered (Splintered, #1) by A. G. Howard

Woohoo! Library for the win :) I'm sure I will back there soon enough!

That's all for this time. What books did you add to your shelves?

16 comments:

  1. I got a paperback copy of Every Day yesterday! I also got a copy of Splintered. :) You did really well with your first STS post. Happy reading!

    Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every Day received lots of mixed reviews, but I really love the idea of it - waking up every day in a different body while loving the same girl. Must be a heart-wrenching read, I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. I love every book that is on here. Seriously, every single one. Except Every Day and These Broken Stars which I haven't read yet. But still, SO MANY AWESOME BOOKS. I hope you enjoy them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa whoa whoa, so should I use this opportunity to epic rec you These Broken Stars? ;)

      Delete
  3. Ooo I saw Every Day at the library a few days ago and I really want to read it and FANGIRL IS AMAZING! And so is the BOOK THIEF obviously just go read all these books now.

    I wish my university library had more fiction books other than 3 shelves :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's better than the library at my college... there is actually no fiction books at all :( I had to go off campus somewhere to find a county public library. Good thing it's not very far though, so it's pretty convenient :P And yeah, I need to read all of these ASAP! They are all awesome books and I just wish I have more free time. Gurrrr!!!

      Delete
  4. I HAVE THAT UNICORN PILLOW PET TOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Glad to know I'm not the only adult who carries a pillow pet around :D

      Delete
  5. I just finished reading Legend and I absolutely love it! I'll buy Prodigy soon :3 great hauls bytheway, I'm actually still meaning to buy Every Day, Book Thief and These Broken Starts. It sucks that I can't find the latter two in bookstores >__<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon is your friend :P So many good books I don't even know which one to start first. I guess probably the ones I borrowed from the library since there is a due date, but I'm definitely picking up Legend asap!

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh, I hope you enjoy Splintered! It's been one of my favourite reads for the year!! And oh oh! I can't wait to see what you think of The Iron King! I'm seeing people doing read-a-thons for that series, but I haven't heard very much about it at all. I don't know whether to read it or not, yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started Splintered yesterday and couldn't put it down till super super late last night, which accounts to my tardiness this morning... I really like the special font colors, such a wonderful touch to the book. And I will make sure to let you know how The Iron King goes :P

      Delete
  7. Legend and Under the Never Sky were both good; but they weren't the zOMG read I was hoping for. The Raven Boys was kind of - in my opinion - really dissapointing, but I was kind of a black sheep on that one, so I hope you end up enjoying it much more than I did! And oh my gosh...These Broken Stars and The Book Thief are both AMAZING! Can't wait to see what you think of them!

    I haven't read Anna and the French Kiss, The Iron King, Splintered, Fangirl, or Every Day yet, but I'll definitely have to keep my eyes open for your review!

    Great haul and thanks so much for sharing Angel! :D

    P.S. Sorry I've been absent for so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Zoe <3 I'm surprised you didn't like The Raven Boys, it sounds like something you would enjoy. Pretty much everyone has been telling me how great These Broken Star is, I guess I really need to read it to see what the fuss is about ;) As for those you have not read, you should totally pick up Splintered! I'm sure you will like it a ton.

      Delete
  8. Wow - lots and lots of fantastic books here. Legend, TBS, The Book Thief, The Iron King, Splintered, Fangirl, and UTNS were all at least 4 stars for me. I also enjoyed Every Day, but I read that before I started reviewing. I would make a suggestion regarding where you should start, but I think you really can't go wrong with any of them. Enjoy!

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is the magic of Christmas - a chance to buy ALL the books :P I'm anticipating for another haul, even though I have more than enough books to read for a long time, after all who would mind to have more books, I certainly wouldn't ;)

      Delete